NKL Scraps and Living on Parker Street

Monday, March 22, 2010

My thumb is not a potato wedge

Breaking every dietary rule available, we often eat on the couch, watching a video. Yep, we are bad. A couple of nights ago we were particularly bad, and had KFC in front of the tv, on the couch. It was a bit chilly, so I was wearing a cardigan, and the sleeves cover most of my hands. I am happily watching our show of the day, and munching on dinner, when I feel Bill picking at my thumb. Not just once or twice, but persistently. I finally turned to look at him, because I don't know what the heck he is up to, and because he is usually fairly focused on his dinner. The look on his face was priceless! He was bewildered, shocked, amused, and embarrassed all at once. He turned completely red and blurts out "It's not a potato wedge!" Of course I am somewhat confused since I don't serve food on our leather sofa. This ended in a long spell of laughter, with Bill barely able to breathe. It was so worth it!

What is happening recently? My friend Lora is having surgery today, on her foot. Please pray for speedy recovery for her. My sis had an appointment last week, and feels better about her diagnosis, and will fully recover in time. Little Maddie is running even, but prayers are still much appreciated for her. Our HCSA seems very late in arriving. I thought they paid every two weeks, and it has been more than 5, so I am figuring I'll have to follow this up. YUK. And, we are anxiously waiting for our tax returns. Federal is keeping all their money, but the state will be giving us some back. I hope it comes this week, because our wedding anniversary is on Friday, and we desire very much to get away for the weekend.

A few days ago, being overwhelmed by all my friends and family who have illness, and loss of family members, I asked Bill if this was kind of freaky that it was all happening right now, or if it was my age? "It's your age" he replied immediately, "Haven't you been reading the obituaries?" Enough said, but I was laughing at his response. How can one person make me laugh this much?

No comments:

Post a Comment